Monday, July 03, 2006

Email Addresses

Has it ever occured to you that you got a gazzillion billion quantatrillion email addresses and you don't know what to do with them all. Thats exactly how I feel. Everytime I check my email, I have to go to all my different webmails to see if I have anything from anyone. This can be a big pain in the butt when you check email every few hours.

I thought I had a solution. I forwarded all my emails from my million catrillion different email addresses to my yahoo email. And from my yahoo email, i got it to send me a text message whenever I get a new email. This is a excellent feature since i know when i get emails. The only problem is that i get quite a few spam mail coming in from all my different email addresses so it gets quite irritating getting text messages saying i have spam in my email box.

Another issue that recently occured is when i started working at the electrical engineering department at the University. They have mail stored on the server so i needed some form of POP3 mail. Usually i deal with only webmail, but since working there, i needed to have a way to check my mail on the server. At first yahoo mail has this thing where you can put the POP3 mail account on the yahoo mail, but you would need to click a buttom whenever you want to check for mail. I find this button clicking annoying. Everytime you click the button, "sorry but you do not have any new mail on the server". After looking into things some more, i found a way to forward my mail on the server to any email account, so i just forwarded it to my yahoo mail account. Yahoo mail is nice, the Spam in NOT!!

No comments: